Tuesday 2 August 2016

How to Get Through A Long Shift

I guarantee some people will have read the title wrong, haha! 
I work in a leisure centre, I work as a lifeguard/swimming teacher. That means I have to be on a hot poolside, sat by myself for a while watching people. I obviously don't just chill out but you get me. I also have to work in the bar sometimes when it can be extremely busy. I have to clean the changing rooms, fill the vending machines, clean up, set up parties, set up sporting activities. ETC. 

Drink Water
The temptation to drink fizzy drinks or coffee is real. I feel you. I worked a night shift, 10pm-6am and I had four cups of tea within like an hour, and I had a massive caffeine rush at 3am and had the shakes and I felt AWFUL. So just keep drinking that water, it'll keep you hydrated in a nice way.

Get a Good Night Sleep
Everyone laughs at me when I say I need a long night sleep, they think I'm like a puppy or baby or something. But if I have to get up at 5:30, I go to sleep at like half past 9/10. That gives me 8ish hours and I can focus a little more in the day. Believe me, there's nothing worse and getting in at like 12ish and being tipsy when you have to be in work at 6:15am... Trust.

Make a Good Lunch
There is nothing better than thinking "Yes, lunch break is in half an hour and I have the best food EVER." and then everyone else has food envy over your food. There is also nothing worse than thinking "Hm I mean it's alright.. oh my god your food looks incredible" and then watching someone devour their food in front of you. Honestly, sounds like a stupid idea but it works!!!

Have Something to Look Forward to
I always think it's something nice when you're sat in work bored to think "Aw well, i've got this later!" Even if it's just having a bath and some chocolate when you get home. always think of what you're going to do afterwards.

I've had this post in my drafts for so long to think of more tips but I just want to get this out there! Let me know if you want a part two. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment