Wednesday 20 August 2014

Highstreet/Drugstore Make Up Favs!

Hello! As promised in my last post I said I wanted to do more posts, in particular beauty. So today I've decided to pick my favourite products from the highstreet/drugstore and tell you!

Foundation- Rimmel Match Perfection
This is my favourite foundation tried by the highstreet yet! As I have quite oily skin I thought I should avoid it, but when I saw it in Asda for £4.99 I thought why not? And bought it! The coverage isn't high but it's enough for an everyday look. It doesn't make you look super dewy which is what i dreaded, but it doesn't make you look matte either!

Concealer- Maybelline Fit Me
Shock horror, it isn't the Collection Lasting Perfection! Many other bloggers who would class that as their holy grail concealer, buuuuut I don't like it. (That's a story for another day, I may do a disappointing product post soon!) 
The Maybelline Fit Me concealer is perfect for all around the face, some concealers are pros at undereye or blemishes. But this is an all around product! It blends well and I think it works brilliantly. 

Powder- Rimmel Stay Matte
Shock horror, a very well loved product that is also loved by me! As an oily skin gal, this just makes my skin look amazing! I use transparent as I feel like benefits me the best. I've easily gone through about five of these and I'm about to purchase my sixth. 

Eyeshadows- Elf. 
This is a new discovery for me. I recently visited the Cardiff Elf and picked up a 32 piece palette full of natural shades, for I believe it was £6? There are a mix of matte and shimmers, and a range of colours for everyday and going out at night. For such a low price you can't go wrong!

Cream Eyeshadows- Maybelline Colour Tattoos 
I feel these are just perfect whatever occasion. If you're going for a rather natural look, just a sweep of this on the eye and you're set to go. Or, a more bold look you could use it as a base and apply eyeshadows into the crease. They are £4.99 which I think is fab. 

Blush- Sleek. 
Sleek is definitely one of those brands I go to when I need a good blush. They are highly pigmented, inexpensive and come in the most gorgeous colours! My favourite is in fact Rose Gold. Which is a pink with gold shimmer through out, perfect! If you're looking for a highlighter, go with sleek too! 

Bronzer- Bourjois Bronzing Powder
The infamous chocolate bronzer! I must admit, I only recently bought this bronzer. I myself, love Hoola from Benefit and it was my first experience of bronzer and loved it. Therefore I never looked further! But my Hoola comes in a kit, which makes it difficult to use when I'm out and about. I saw this and thought why not? It says with "glints of sunshine" but honestly it's not far away from matte. It comes in different shades and I'm in the shade 51. I personally love this bronzer for an everyday feel and can't go without it now!

Eyeliner- No7 Amazing Eye Pencil
Loooove this eyeliner. I am recently branching out on eyeliner and actually using it on my lid, rather than my tight or water line. I use the shade 10 Brown for an everyday feel and smudge it out and it's absolutely perfect. I highly recommend the eyeliner as it's simple to use especially for beginners.

Mascara- Maybelline The Collosal Go Extreme Volume
Sooooo many amazing drugstore mascaras this really made it hard for me to choose. But I chose this guy and as I purchased it for £5 I don't think you can go wrong! I've done a more thorough review in a favourites post so check that out for more details :)

BB cream- Rimmel
BB creams are becoming more popular to the day, and for me Rimmel wins. If you are just looking for a good coverage I'd just use the Rimmel 9 in 1. It has blue writing on! The only downside is that it is quite hard to blend. If you're looking for a matte, id go for the Rimmel 9 in 1 Matte. It is so much more easier to blend and I'd definitely recommend.

I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you want to see more drugstore/highstreet makeup? Maybe even higher end?

-K x


No comments:

Post a Comment