Thursday 10 December 2015

Giving Back

I was talking to my best friend the other night, and we decided we needed to give back this time of the year. Despite me not having my best year, I know some people are still battling it a lot worse than me around the world. I'm not saying I'm trying to end world hunger or anything, but I wanted to help out.
I looked into a few things, I wanted to send a soldier a Christmas card. I couldn't find anything in the UK for that, if you're American and wanted to do it, the American Red Cross had something. There were a few different things out there, as simple as giving a pound to charity, but my friend told me she had donated a present for an 18 month old baby girl at an organisation her university were doing. Inspired by the thought, I found one local to me.
Capital FM Radio for South Wales have a Toy Appeal going on at the minute. They have a stand in the St Davids Centre in Cardiff. Seeing as I had already heard about the organisation, I went straight up and picked up a leaflet. A girl there just gave me and my friend a candy cane and said thank you. We read the leaflet and it seemed the candy cane represented a girl. If you were given a red candy cane, they wanted you to buy a present for a girl. If you were given a blue candy cane, they wanted you to buy a present for a boy. No pressure to come back with a present, but we did.
The present can be anything from a cuddly toy to a selection box, and the ages are from 0-16. I picked up a lip balm trio from Boots, and some bath bits from there too. As a thank you for donating, we got a free Krispy Kreme donut voucher, we didn't end up getting it but it was a kind gesture.
If you feel like giving back this year and you're in South Wales/Cardiff area, I will leave a link to the details of the Toy Appeal below.

Giving back can make you feel like a saint. 


No comments:

Post a Comment