Wednesday 11 May 2016

Just Bouncin' Around

I am one of those people that gets bored quickly. I like to go on adventures, exploring and being spontaneous. So when I heard, AirHop was coming to Bristol, (Close to where I live!) I knew I had to go.


I've been three times, only one have I actually decided to take pictures because usually I'd be super sweaty and running around crazily from trampoline to trampoline.

The first and second time I went, I went with my work colleagues. First was a group of 8 I think, second was a group of 12? I think 8 was a better number because we were more likely to stick together! But 12 was good for dodgeball. The third time I went, I surprised my best friend Rhiannon when she was home from university. So we were a bit more chilled.

Trampolining was a hobby of mine at the age of 13, I did it with Rhiannon for about a year or two. I wasn't good, but I loved the feeling of being free so I stuck at it. I think that's why I love AirHop so much.


There are a few aspects to AirHop. There is a "Wipeout" zone, which if you've seen Total Wipeout you'll get this. You stand on a podium, with other people around you in a circle. In the centre of the circle, is a "soft play" pole that goes around the circle. You have to jump over the low one, and duck on the podium to avoid the high one. 
WORST EXPLANATION EVER.
But that's fun, you'll be giggling.

There's two dodgeball zones, but the last time I went, one of them were being used as a baby play area. You have a set of trampolines on each side, divided by a line inbetween. You pick a trampoline and you go against the people in front of you. The balls are put on the line at the start, so you have to run and grab the ball to start. Don't worry, if you're like me, you just bounce and avoid the balls, rather than throw them!



There is a zone that has a foam pit, that you can flip and jump into the foam pit from a trampoline.
Next to it, is a foam pit with a beam on it, which you can go against a friend and use the soft play toy to try and push your friend into the foam pit. That's fun and I pushed my 25 year old colleague in there.
Note: Foam pit is a nightmare to get out of. I always have to get the help of a worker.

They have basketball hoops at different heights that you can bounce on a trampoline and then try and get that in. That's fun. I like those, because it reminds me of the Facebook Messenger game.


Lastly, there are tonnes of trampolines to just freestyle jump on. I love these the most because you can just jump around. I love jumping from one trampoline to another and racing around. 

AirHop is a great place to go to in the holidays. You pay £12 when you first go because you have to pay for the socks, which you can then keep and only pay £10 everytime you go. It's an hour long session and that is definitely long enough. You get to go on everything I've mentioned above.

If you're a regular reader of my blog, you will know I love fitness. Depending on how hard you go, you will hurt in the morning! Such a fun way to exercise!

Definitely check out AirHop or any trampoline park if you can, you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment