Sunday 1 May 2016

Reflecting


I have had a whirlwind of a 2016 so far. I lost one of the most important people in my life in February, just two days after I found out I was going to University. I booked a week away with a friend at the end of May, a week away with my family in June and currently planning a Disneyland Paris trip for August. I'm seeing Beyonce live in concert with my sister, which is an ultimate dream, so it's about to get a lot more hectic.

Ever just think to yourself "I need to get away"? or, "This is getting a tad overwhelming."

Yep. I said that.




Unfortunately, I can't just get up and leave everything behind. All these exciting things I'm planning comes with a price tag, which means I need to be working working working. 

On the 20th of April, my best friend took me to a place where my grandparents took me all the time when I was a little girl. The 20th of April happens to be my grandparents' anniversary, it actually marked their 70th this year. My granddad past away just under three months ago so this was the first anniversary they wouldn't be spending together. 



I have found that life has been a little challenging recently. I bought a car on the 16th of April and I've hit it twice and broke my antenna. Great driving Katie, really great. Work has been tough and just life in general.
Sometimes you just need a little break, whether that be a holiday or literally a couple of hours away from the surroundings that have phone service, annoying people and extreme traffic.









No comments:

Post a Comment