Wednesday 6 January 2016

5 Things to Help You Stick to the Gym

As I've been the member of the same gym since I was 13, and I'm 20, I feel as if I am rather experienced in the gym world. The fact I'm a Gym Instructor helps aswell really doesn't it? Now it's the start of the year when most people start saying "This is the year I'll get fit!" They go to the gym once or twice, put an Instagram picture of their new trainers and then they're back to not exercising and watching Netflix. Don't deny it, we've all been there! I've discovered things that do and don't work when it comes to exercising and I figured I'd share them with you. 

1. Get a Work Out Buddy!
I love going on a Monday morning with my best friend, Georg! She picks me up at an early time because she has University at 1pm, and then we'll head straight to the gym. It's so good to go with a friend for a longer session, I tend to go more than once a week but my long session is always with Georg. What's better than a catch up over a treadmill?

2. Work Out in the Morning
Following on from my last point when I said I go to the gym Monday Morning, I love to go on Mondays in general. I get up, get ready and go. I instantly feel like my day has been productive and it sets a good mood for the rest of the day, whats better than that?

3. Treat Yourself to New Gear
I always say to people starting the gym, it's always worth buying a decent pair of trainers. The amount of money you spend constantly having to repurchase ones from Primark, you could've paid for a decent pair from Nike. They're made particularly for training, it will benefit you! I always find that if I buy new gear, I want to go to the gym and show it all off. Today my new trainers came, I went to the gym a couple of hours later!

4. Get a Decent Nights Sleep
I get it, it's 2am, you've just finished the last chocolate in the box, and you're about to press play on another TV show episode. But, what if you plan to go to the gym that very next day? I can guarantee you, you will hate hearing that alarm even more. Drink a glass of water, get to sleep and you'll wake up wanting to squat! 

5. Make a GREAT Playlist 
There is nothing worse than scrolling through your phone and just seeing songs like "Daniel Merriweather-Bad Day" start playing. (This happened to me today!) Make a playlist in advance of songs that you know you will work that little bit harder for. Beyonce, Little Mix and Justin Bieber are some great artists I listen to, to get me moving. Alternatively, my gym has WiFi, so I leave all the videos in my subscription box until I get there, I can get there do what I'd usually be led in bed doing, on an exercise machine!

I hope these things come of use to you, some of them are kind of obvious and raved about. There is a reason for that, it works. Remember, exercise can be done in many other different ways to the gym and even walking to work, rather than driving, can massively benefit you! 
See you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment