Wednesday 13 January 2016

It's Okay Not To Have A Plan

This year I have already made big decisions. I've made the decision to apply for University and leave my full time job. I haven't left it yet, I'm waiting to hear back from the places I've applied and then I will be leaving in September to go. But the main post of this post is,

IT'S OKAY NOT TO HAVE A PLAN.

I'm a 20 year old girl, I like things that normal 20 year olds like, partying, sleeping, going out for food. But when I was in my final year of sixth form, and it was the time that everyone went on our own little journeys. I was the 'deviant' one, shall we say. In my school, everyone went to university. They'd enforce it, most likely for the reputation of the school. But only about three of us, left school to go to jobs. In my friendship group, all went to University, all studying different things. Bar me and a close friend. She went to college instead. I was the only one not applying for university.

At the time, I panicked. I just didn't know what I wanted to do, I was living in the moment and not thinking about the future when I should've been. I went to work full time, where I before worked part time. I'm a lifeguard and swimming teacher, so it's not a bad job. There were a lot of shifts to be covered, it just worked.



I don't regret not going to University at the time, because I didn't know what I truly wanted. But, I wish I did a bit of forward thinking. My parents said they were never worried because they knew I'd go eventually.





It's not essential to go, unless you want to go into Medical. (Hint Hint, I'm applying for a Healthcare profession) So please, don't panic if you're like 18 year old Katie. My friends are much older than me and they are now wondering what to do with their lives. We find out what we want to do when it comes to us, regardless of our ages. Heck, I know 40+ year olds changing profession.





I've had a good two years out of education, I did a lot. I grew a lot. The pictures I've included are all from my school days, I do miss them a lot, but it's time to embrace the next chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment