Friday 11 March 2016

Productive Things To Do With Your Day Off

Sorry there was no post on Wednesday, bloggers block! :(

As a gal that works a lot of the time, I like to embrace having days off to sit back and chill. But on most days, I start work at 4pm and that gives me the day to do some things before then, so here's some things I like to do. 

1. Tidy My Room
"Tidy room, tidy mind" definitely is a true statement. I mention tidying your room a lot when you've got the time because why would you want to live in a pig sty when you're simply led in bed anyway? It's currently 9:52am on a Friday and I'm led in bed working on posts, but as soon as I've done them. I'm tidying away!

2. Bake
On Monday, I had a free morning so decided to do a bit of baking. It doesn't have to be sweet treats, like I made flapjacks and caramel shortbread. I also made a pasta bake that only cost £4.80 to make. It was incredible and I froze it so I later took it for lunch the next day for work. Perfect. Baking gets you off technology and doing something that's actually quite therapeutic!

3. Pamper Yourself
Have a bath, shave your legs, do whatever you want to yourself that'll make you feel ready for the next day. I like to have a bubble bath, wash my hair and paint my nails. Bam, and i'm ready.

4. Go for a Walk
Nobody wants to spend their day off in a gym, especially me considering the gym I go to, is the one I work in. But exercise is still good for nonetheless so I think a walk is perfect. Put your phone on Airplane mode, grab a friend and just walk. I now really want to do this!

5. Do Something You Used to Love
For me, this is actually going in to town and getting a Costa drink and a cake. It's so relaxing to just enjoy some good things and people watch!

6. Visit Family
I know sometimes you just get so busy that you don't get to visit some family members, this happens to me quite a bit. On my days off, I make an effort to go and see my Grandma, since my grandad passed away early last month, I like to see her as much as I can.

Enjoy your day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment